Next week Team Weebly will be headed to Phoenix for the second annual WHD USA show. I am really looking forward to this event for a number of reasons:
1. First off, the location is great. The Wild Horse Pass will be a big draw for folks. Plus, guaranteed hot weather always works.
2. Although this show is billed as the "USA" event, I would expect to see a good amount of International web hosts, registrars, and ISVs represented at this event. From working on my own schedule, this is definitely true. I am pleasantly surprised with the number of International customers we will be able to connect with next week.
3. The Exhibit Hall schedule is reduced this year. I will be interested to see how this works out. I am personally always in favor of more time to exhibit. But, I am going to hold off on final judgement until after the event. My sense is that this change is geared more toward increased networking and attendance for the breakout sessions - which is cool.
4. Team Weebly will be exhibiting at the show -- we are trying out some new ideas. So, swing by and let me know your thoughts!
5. I am speaking on Thursday. I am really looking forward to our chat. There has been so much going on since we launched our Reseller program in Jan 2015. I am excited to share some new Weebly stats and trends we are seeing the web builder space. Our chat is Thursday at 1pm. Come by!
There definitely appears to be a good mix of companies coming to the show. For me, the reoccurring tone of these conferences has been the slow, but steady, transformation of traditional web presence companies to full-service platforms. To be more specific, platforms that service all the needs of SMBs. We continue to see this trend play out with big companies like EIG, who acquired Constant Contact for $1B. But I am also seeing it at the mid -tier level as well. The attendees at WHD next week represent alot of these companies at the "platform" crossroads. Will be great to engage with them in the desert!
Also, one final note. Since Weebly has a large office in Scottsdale, Arizona, I felt it was mandatory that we host an event ahead of WHD. On Monday, May 23rd, I will be hosting an Open House at the Weebly Arizona office. If you are in town early for WHD and would like to attend, feel free to contact me email@example.com.